Country Finance Manager
Seeking results-oriented, savvy finance leader, who works well under pressure to be responsible for the effective operation of the financial and accounting function for the Comsale Malaysian Sdn Bdn.Seeking results-oriented, savvy finance leader, who works well under pressure to be responsible for the effective operation of the financial and accounting function for the Comsale Malaysian Sdn Bdn.The accounting operations includes management of accounting entries, financial reporting, finance operations (purchase orders, payables, disbursements, etc.), expense analysis, asset management (focus on optimizing inventory management), interaction with suppliers on a limited basis, inventory audit and control procedures (i.e. included managing year-end physical count, and weekly cycle test counts, related to external audit requirements), limited support of taxation (i.e. Indirect taxes: GST, customs, etc.), and the support of budget and forecast activities.
This role works collaboratively with management colleagues in Malaysia, and management and finance colleagues in other regions including Canadian HQ. This position ensures that the financial records and reports of the Malaysian production facility and legal entity are accurate, such that company management and operating managers have the financial information required to make timely business decisions.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and statements
- Manage and oversee all accounting operations, including AP, AR and Inventory.
- Support of Banking, Audit and Budgeting matters
- Analyze facility production to understand variances and assist management to optimize profitability.
- Liaise with government agencies for GST, statutory payment, return of equity, etc.
- Ensure transactions are posted in a materially correct and timely manner in accordance with GAAP (internal and external audit, compliance)
- Prepare month end process, including bank and credit card reconciliation, accrue expenses, prepaid adjustments, depreciation and amortization, and inventory adjustments
- Ensure mandatory government reports (GST, payroll, etc.) are prepared accordingly, accurately reflecting the underlying transactions and filed on a timely manner
- Undertake ad-hoc function and related duties as and when necessary.
Skills and Requirements
- Candidate must possess CPA, and a Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Required language(s): Fluent in English and Bahasa Malaysia; Mandarin an asset
- Responsible, good communication and interpersonal skills, Self-motivated, initiative and task oriented, able to work under pressure
- Minimum 5 years' working experience in a leadership role supervising a finance team
- Computer literate (Microsoft Excel & Word and accounting software).
- Experience with migration or implementation of ERP systems
- Strong analytical, interpersonal skills and problem-solving.
- Independent and able to work under pressure to meet timeline.
- Preferably experience in manufacturing and distribution environments, including cost accounting and inventory
- Able to work independently.
- Able to travel occasionally to Canada when required.
Physical Condition and Capacities Required
Regional/Provincial Requirements (if applicable)
Core Competencies of the Position